NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Friday, February 5, 2016, 12:10 PM
The six people who police found bludgeoned and stabbed inside a Chicago home have been identified as family members, including two boys ages 10 and 13.
Chicago cops say there was no sign of forced entry at the Gage Park home and that all the doors were locked when they arrived to the gruesome scene Thursday.
They haven’t identified any suspects in what authorities have said is Chicago’s most violent incident since 2003.
“The victims suffered blunt trauma which leads us to treat this case as a homicide,” Chicago Chief of Detectives Eugene Roy said Friday, according to DNAinfo Chicago.
The six deceased family members have been identified as Rosaura Hernandez and Noe Martinez, in their 60s; their son, Noe Martinez, Jr., in his 40s; Maria Herminia Martinez, in her 30s; and her two sons, Alexis and Leonardo, ages 10 and 13, according to the Chicago Tribune.
A friend of the family has started a GoFundMe page, seeking to raise $ 11,000, saying the tragedy has left “relatives and loved ones speechless and heartbroken as the household was nothing but a loving and gentle family.”
Their bodies were found on Thursday afternoon after police went to the home when a coworker of Noe Martinez, Jr.–who worked as a window cleaner for United Airlines at Chicago’s O’Hare airport– hadn’t shown up to work in two days.
Sources told DNAinfo that the victims were found on two different levels of the bungalow and that they had all suffered blunt force trauma.
Neighbors say they were a happy, close family and didn’t appear to be troubled.
“Everything seemed to be normal, nothing was wrong. She was just tellin me things about her life and how she had been. She didn’t give me a story of nothing bad–everything was just normal,” Juan Martinez, a family member, told ABC News.
“They were a really happy family,” Jennifer de la Torre, a family friend, told ABC News.