50 Cent has been “Patiently Waiting” for a shot at redemption — and the Mets are finally ready to give him that opportunity.
The Mets invited the Queens native, also known as Curtis Jackson, to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at some point this season, giving 50 Cent an opportunity to redeem himself for his 2014 gaffe.
50 Cent throws out the ceremonial first pitch before a Mets-Pirates game in 2014.
“Hey @50cent, we heard you’re ready to redeem yourself?! Here is your invite to throw out a first pitch this season. Toss a strike this time! #50FirstPitch,” the Mets wrote on Twitter Thursday.
The Mets previously had 50 Cent throw out the first pitch before a Mets-Pirates game in May 2014. The rapper’s pitch sailed about 15 feet to the left of catcher Anthony Recker and nearly struck a helpless cameraman. The pitch was so bad Rafael Montero and Jon Niese couldn’t contain their laughter as they walked off the field.
Video of the awful first pitch has nearly 2.4 million views on YouTube.
Earlier Thursday, 50 Cent addressed his infamous outing — which many have called the worst first pitch in history — and said he hopes to one day restore his reputation on the mound
“I was throwing like, ‘Oh man, I’m about to throw a strike a hundred miles an hour.’ But that [expletive] damn near killed a cameraman!” 50 Cent said, according to MLB.