Home / Top Story / Man overdoses on heroin with called 'LeBron James' in NYC shelter

Man overdoses on heroin with called 'LeBron James' in NYC shelter

A 40-year-old man died in a Brooklyn shelter early Tuesday after apparently overdosing on heroin sold under the brand name “Lebron James,” police sources said.

Erik Graff was found face down in a bathroom in the Hotel Omega, on Pennsylvania Ave. in East New York, at about 1:35 a.m.

Graff, a resident of a city shelter that uses rooms in the hotel, was given two doses of naloxone by shelter staffers, but he could not be saved. He died at 1:47 a.m.

Sources said a hypodermic needle and two heroin packets stamped “LeBron James” — for the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar — were found at the scene.

11 indicted for allegedly trafficking fentanyl, heroin into city

Police believe Graff injected himself and overdosed.

Neither the Department of Homeless Services nor the Cavaliers responded to a request for comment.

Drug dealers typically market their poison with the names of movies or well-known personalities.

Tags:
heroin
drug overdoses
nba
cleveland cavaliers
lebron james
east new york
nyc homeless

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

News Rss

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*