London cops have opened a second investigation into disgraced Hollywood bigwig Harvey Weinstein — looking into a trio of sexual assault allegations made by a woman who came forward over the weekend.
Metropolitan Police officials, who have previously said they are reviewing an allegation against the movie mogul from the 1980s, without naming him, said Sunday that, “further allegations were made against the same man.”
Police said officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offenses Command are investigating the assaults, which took place in Westminster in 2010 and 2011 and in Camden in 2015.
Actress Lysette Anthony revealed herself as the woman behind the 1980s allegations.
Anthony, 54, said she met the Weinstein when she starred in the 1982 sci-fi film Krull and the two became friends.
She alleges that he raped her a few years later in her own home.
“It was pathetic, revolting,” she told The Sunday Times.
Revelations of Weinstein’s predatory past have rocked Hollywood over the past week as more and more women have come forward with their accounts of assaults, harassment or rape.
Women who have accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault
A-listers including Angelina Jolie, Gweneth Paltrow and Rosanna Arquette have said that the studio head made unwanted advances on them.
Weinstein, voted out of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Saturday, has denied all accusations and said that the sex was consensual.
Weinstein, who backed many British movies including “Shakespeare in Love” and “The King’s Speech,” also has been suspended by the British film academy.
A former Miramax employee has also claimed Weinstein, the former boss of Miramax, raped her in the basement of his London office 25 years ago, she told the Mail on Sunday.
The NYPD has also said it has opened an investigation into possible assaults perpetrated by Weinstein in New York.
The once-mighty hitmaker is currently sequestered away at a rehab facility in Arizona.