And it’s one, two…no, he’s still got one more.
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said Monday that controversial vlogger Logan Paul wasn’t kicked off the streaming service because he hadn’t violated the three-strikes rule.
“We do terminate accounts all the time,” Wojcicki said at Recode’s Code Media. “He hasn’t done anything that would cause those three strikes.”
Instead, YouTube temporarily suspended the 22-year-old’s ads, cutting off his income stream, which Wojcicki called “a pretty strong statement.”
“This is not a decision we made lightly, however, we believe he has exhibited a pattern of behavior in his videos that makes his channel not only unsuitable for advertisers but also potentially damaging to the broader creator community,” the company said in a statement to the Daily News last week.
Paul’s problems began with a New Year’s Eve video in which he filmed himself with a suicide victim in Japan’s Aokigahara forest.
He was cut from “Foursome,” the YouTube Red comedy that premiered its third season in November, and his YouTube Red movie “The Thinning: New World Order,” a sequel to his 2016 “The Thinning,” is on hold.
After a month-long break, Paul returned with a threat to critics to “crucify me, vilify me.”
He also resumed his videos, including one of him shocking a dead rat.
Wojcicki said at the conference that YouTube may change its three-strikes rule, but that it’s unlikely.
“On the one side is censorship, and on the other side is too much freedom of speech,” she said. “It’s a complicated and very nuanced place where that line is drawn.”