A public conversation with James Franco has been canceled days after the Golden Globe winner was accused of sexual misconduct.
The TimesTalk event was set for Wednesday at the Kaufman Music Center as a conversation with Franco, brother Dave and a New York Times reporter about “The Disaster Artist.”
The event was canceled Tuesday, just days after multiple women accused him of inappropriate behavior.
“The event was intended to be a discussion of the making of the film, ‘The Disaster Artist.’ Given the controversy surrounding recent allegations, we’re no longer comfortable proceeding in that vein,” the Times said in a statement to the Daily News.
Actress Violet Paley claimed the actor once sexually assaulted her and tried to lure her 17-year-old friend to his hotel room.
“Cute #TimesUp pin James Franco. Remember the time you pushed my head down in a car towards your exposed penis & that other time you told my friend to come to your hotel when she was 17? After you had already been caught doing that to a different 17 year old?” she wrote on Twitter.
She followed up Tuesday, claiming that Franco called her to apologize several weeks ago.
Stars accused of sexual harassment and assault
“A couple weeks ago, James offered me & a few other girls an overdue, annoyed, convenient phone ‘apology,'” she tweeted.
“I don’t accept, but maybe some other people’s lives would be made easier if he donated all of his earnings from “The Disaster Artist” to RAINN.”
Sarah Tither-Kaplan, who was once a student of Franco’s at his acting school, claimed that the actor exploited her by asking her to strip down on set for only $ 100 per day after she signed a “vague and general at best” contract.
“Breakfast Club” star Ally Sheedy also questioned why Franco was “allowed in” the Golden Globes, where an emphasis was placed on the #MeToo movement and Time’s Up, a new initiative launched by more than 300 actress that aims to fight sexual harassment and assault in the workplace.
Reps for Franco have not responded to requests for comment.