NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, October 29, 2015, 1:53 PM
Straight from the horse’s mouth: “My Little Pony” fans favor their own language when it comes to describing the fandom.
Bronies — adult male “My Little Pony” fans — detail the fan culture in the 26-page long Mareiam-Websteed Dictionary.
Listings include everything from Equestria (the country populated by the pastel equines) to the Mane Six characters: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity.
Here are 26 of the best entries:
Annual Rabbit Roundup — PN.
1. The yearly bunny census.
Brohoof — n.
1. Internet fistbump between two bronies.
Cutie Mark — n.
1. An image on the flank of a pony who has discovered their special talent.
Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome (CMFIS) — PN.
1. The result of a pony’s special talent backfiring. Symptoms include a loss of sanity and histrionics.
Dr. Whoof/Whooves — PN.
1. Fanonized reincarnation of “The Doctor” from the TV series Doctor Who.
Eeyup — exc.
Forgetty Forgetterson — n.
1. Somepony who forgets to wear a party hat at a party.
Grand Galloping Gala — PN.
1. A formal ball held in Canterlot.
2. Where dreams are crushed.
Horseapples — n.
1. Equestrian expletive.
It — n.
1. Not a six-legged pony with a purple polka dotted mane and shooting stars coming out of its eyes, who flies through the air all over the world to hide magic sparkling eggs.
2. Ostensibly a telescope.
Junior Speedsters — PN.
1. Name of a flight camp attended by Rainbow Dash and Gilda.
2. Are our lives.
Krastos — PN.
1. The Gluemaker.
A collection of “My Little Pony” figures wait to be played with.
Loco in the Coco — adj.
Manehattan — PN.
1. The most cosmopolitan city in all of Equestria.
Neighsayer — n.
1. Someone who belittles My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Oatmeal — adj.
Parasprite — n.
1. Tiny, ravenous creatures of arguable adorability.
2. Internet troll.
Quill — n.
1. Not a quince, quail, quilt, quesadilla, or a quiche.
2. Often sold with sofas.
Rocky — PN.
1. A stack of rocks with a Brooklyn accent that Pinkie Pie temporarily befriends during her bout with CMFIS in Party of One.
Scootabuse — n.
1. You should be ashamed of yourself.
TLC — n.
1. Tender Loving Care.
2. Totally Lost Cause.
Unicorn — n.
1. One of the three species of ponies. Capable of manipulating kinetic magic.
Vanilla Rose — PN.
1. The mayor of Ponyville. Name is fanon.
Wingboner — n.
1. Fanon term that refers to a state of arousal in which a pegasus’s wings flare involuntarily.
Xylophone — n.
1. A placeholder entry in a dictionary lacking words that start with the letter ‘X.’
You Gotta Share — PN.
1. You gotta care.
2. One of Pinkie Pie’s original compositions. Capable of starting wars.
Zebra — n.
1. An equine race from a land far-off from Equestria.
2. Cheap racism simulator.