(NEWSER) – A most unusual reunion and a father who made sure a stepfather didn’t get cheated out of a special day were among the week’s good-news stories:
- Burned Baby, Nurse Reunite After 38 Years: In 1977, 3-month-old Amanda Scarpinati was horribly burned. At the hospital, an anonymous nurse cradled her, and Scarpinati has cherished black and white photos of that gesture all these years. This week, though, the nurse became anonymous no more.
- Two Fathers of the Bride: As Todd Bachman prepared to walk daughter Brittany down the aisle at her Ohio wedding, he hopped out of the golf cart he was driving (with Brittany in the back), grabbed the hand of Brittany’s stepfather, and pulled him along so that both men could walk her down the aisle. Now, more than 1 million people have seen the video.
- Man Embarks on Journey—for a Puppy: It was love at first sight for Joel Carpenter. When he set eyes on Sadie, via a photo over the Internet, the 23-year-old knew he had to have the dog. Problem: He was in Maine, tight on cash, and she was in Minneapolis. Solution: An epic journey, with plenty of help from Good Samaritans.
- Ring Bearer, Flower Girl Tie Knot Years Later: Adrian Franklin served as ring bearer at a wedding when he was a little boy 17 years ago. A little girl named Brooke walked down the aisle with him carrying the flowers. This month, they walked down the same aisle in the same church as bride and groom.
- NBA Star Makes Surprise Donation: John Wall is only 25 years old and he’s already achieved great success with the Washington Wizards. He can also check “philanthropist” off his list after a surprise visit to a DC child-development center for homeless kids. He stunned the staff with a $400,000 donation.
Click to read more uplifting stories.
Newser is a USA TODAY content partner providing general news, commentary and coverage from around the Web. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.
Read or Share this story: http://usat.ly/1LbmoPv