NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, November 5, 2015, 9:37 PM
In the future, Bonnie (Kat Graham) is in a rehab support group unburdening her soul about her role in a friend’s death — when she sees Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and greets him as if they are lovers. Ewww.
In the present, Bonnie and Alaric are watching over Jo (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe), who is sleeping after being brought back from the dead in the previous episode.
At the Salvatore mansion, Lily (Annie Wersching) is anxiously preparing for Julian’s return while Valerie (Elizabeth Blackmore) is busy trying to prevent that from happening.
Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) intercept her, demanding to know what’s going on and why she framed Damon for Oscar’s murder.
When Jo wakes up, she seems to have forgotten an awful lot (like who her husband is or that she’s basically married). Even so, Alaric (Matthew Davis) is thrilled.
Bonnie goes over to the Salvatore mansion to question Oscar (Tim Kang), hoping to learn more about the magic she used to bring the dead. She whips out the Phoenix Stone and demands answers, but Oscar doesn’t have any.
(L-R) Elizabeth Blackmore as Valerie and Ian Somerhalder as Damon in “Vampire Diaries.”
Meanwhile, Damon, Stefan and Valerie team up to hunt for Julian’s dead body so that they can burn it and prevent his return.
In the process, Valerie reveals some important information about the stone: It doesn’t bring back the dead. Instead, it puts another dead vampire soul into a new body. So whoever Bonnie brought back is not Oscar or Jo.
At the same time, the vampire souls in Oscar and Jo’s bodies both start remembering things about their past lives and realizing that they aren’t the people they’ve been told they are.
After searching a whole warehouse full of coffins, Valerie finally finds Julian and, just as they’re about to burn his body, the other heretics materialize out of thin air.
As the heretics are about to make off with the body, Valerie reveals a big shocker — that it was Lily who gave Kai the idea to link Elena’s life to Bonnie’s.
Damon attacks his mother, but the heretics retaliate and make off with the body.
Meanwhile at the mansion, it’s become pretty clear that Oscar is actually someone pretty evil. After some crazy-sounding ranting, he attacks Bonnie and Enzo to get the stone so that he can’t be forced back into it.
Although he does succeed in getting the stone, Enzo stabs him through the heart and takes it back.
In the aftermath of the coffin warehouse fight, Stefan finds Valerie. She’s been hurt in the attack, but he helps pick out the wood shards and saves her.
In a tender-ish moment, Stefan demands to know why Valerie deserted him 200 years ago and she explains. She wanted to come back, but Julian found out she was pregnant — with Stefan’s child — and beat her until she lost the baby. He was afraid the baby would be a distraction to his relationship, so he did away with the problem.
After that, Valerie didn’t want to go back.
Nonetheless, it seems that Lily is well on her way to being reunited with Julian as Enzo hands over the Phoenix Stone.
The Jo and Alaric plot isn’t going well either. Shortly after Jo pulls a gun on Alaric, Bonnie calls to explain that it isn’t really Jo.
Still undeterred, Alaric makes friends with the person in Jo’s body and they have a weirdly tender moment (despite that she just pulled a gun on him) and decide to work through the whole situation together.
In the last minutes of the show, the heretics succeed in bringing back Julian.
- 1 25 years since Jessie Spano’s caffeine pill meltdown
- 2 Rebel Wilson slams Kendall, Kylie Jenner
- 3 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani fuel romance rumors: report
- 4 Anderson Cooper escapes to Croatia after beau caught cheating
- 5 Melissa Mathison, ‘E.T.’ screenwriter, dead at 65
- 6 ‘Empire’ Season 2, Episode 6 recap
- 7 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani are officially dating: report
- 8 Halle Berry’s exes slam actress in wake of her third divorce
- 9 EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Justin Bieber goes for naked swim
- 10 Adriana Campos, husband die in car accident
- 1 George Barris, creator of the Batmobile, dead at 89
- 2 AMC, Cinemark not allowing masks at ‘Star Wars’ showings
- 3 Posada may get the call up at Jeter wedding
- 4 Noel Gallagher slams One Direction, Radiohead, his brother
- 5 Five famous Vivien Leigh flicks worth remembering
- 6 Johnny Fratto, frequent Howard Stern guest, dies of cancer
- 7 Donald Trump had an uncredited ghostwriter for his new book
- 8 ‘Disaster!’ headed to Broadway with star-studded cast
- 9 Malala to Emma Watson: You inspired me to embrace ‘feminism’
- 10 Stefani, Shelton: Not the only work romance