NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, November 5, 2015, 10:23 PM
Well, Fitz (Tony Goldwyn) is free.
There’s a big shocker.
I kind of would have loved to see him in prison with Papa Pope, but Shonda Rhimes is big on the Olitz storyline this season, so I was living a pipe dream.
Instead, he’s ready to move on and lead the country again … or, you know, for the first time.
Except Eli (Joe Morton) has escaped. At least, that’s the story Cyrus (Jeff Perry) tells Fitz and that’s the story Liv (Kerry Washington) is going to let him believe.
Drunk Jake (Scott Foley), who is second only to Sexy Jake, is reeling from his kind-of wife’s death and lashes out at Olivia for releasing her mass murdering daddy back into the wild.
I mean, he kind of has a point, doesn’t he?
Meanwhile, Alan Matthews from “Boy Meets World” (his name is William Russ, but that’s entirely irrelevant) is receiving some sort of fancy medal for being a good English teacher, but is also being accused of rape.
Fitz, who can’t be bothered to do a little research on his latest presidential toy, has put Jake in charge of finding and killing Papa Pope, which is just the kind of pillow talk Olivia is looking for.
The pervy professor has an M.O., it appears: mentor young girls, then drug their drinks so he can have his way with them.
Oh, and one other thing: his wife has been facilitating it the entire time.
Luckily for OPA, the 22 women decided to come forward, causing the media storm that Olivia was looking for.
Fitz doesn’t get the win, though, as he’s already given up hope in finding Papa Pope; that might be a new record in fruitless presidential move.
Olivia is back in the Oval and her boyfriend is back in the clear. What could possibly go wrong?
– “I know a lot about wine that’s terrible.” Isn’t Jake a beer guy?
– Quinn hates the new normal and so do I. Week seven: Olitz is still boring.
– I made an odd noise when Rosen got sassy. My roommates are confused. So am I. But I approve.
– Cyrus is trying to get David to arrest Liz (Portia de Rossi) for threatening to reveal classified secrets on Sally Langston’s (Kate Burton) cable show, or something like that. Honestly, it felt like a way for some actors to earn their paychecks this week. And to keep Liz in the White House, this time as Susan Ross’ Chief of Staff.
– I assumed David and Susan was going to be a thing. David and Liz was a genuine surprise. Kind of gross, but surprising nonetheless.
- 1 25 years since Jessie Spano’s caffeine pill meltdown
- 2 Rebel Wilson slams Kendall, Kylie Jenner
- 3 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani fuel romance rumors: report
- 4 Anderson Cooper escapes to Croatia after beau caught cheating
- 5 Melissa Mathison, ‘E.T.’ screenwriter, dead at 65
- 6 ‘Empire’ Season 2, Episode 6 recap
- 7 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani are officially dating: report
- 8 Halle Berry’s exes slam actress in wake of her third divorce
- 9 EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Justin Bieber goes for naked swim
- 10 Adriana Campos, husband die in car accident
- 1 George Barris, creator of the Batmobile, dead at 89
- 2 AMC, Cinemark not allowing masks at ‘Star Wars’ showings
- 3 Posada may get the call up at Jeter wedding
- 4 Noel Gallagher slams One Direction, Radiohead, his brother
- 5 Five famous Vivien Leigh flicks worth remembering
- 6 Johnny Fratto, frequent Howard Stern guest, dies of cancer
- 7 Donald Trump had an uncredited ghostwriter for his new book
- 8 ‘Disaster!’ headed to Broadway with star-studded cast
- 9 Malala to Emma Watson: You inspired me to embrace ‘feminism’
- 10 Stefani, Shelton: Not the only work romance