NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, December 4, 2015, 12:19 PM
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has cancer and will not attend the winter meetings. The cancer is treatable.
The 68-year-old will undergo chemotheraphy and the Mets say he will continue to work with the team, though his role may be limited at times. The type of cancer was not disclosed.
Alderson collapsed during a meeting with reporters at Citi Field following the World Series. It’s unclear if that incident was releated to his condition. He missed the GM meetings shortly thereafter for what the team called a “medical procedure,” though they did not elaborate.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.
BY Bill Price
December 2, 10:31AM
The collective groan you heard coming out of New York Tuesday once the news of David Price’s 7-year, $ 217 deal with the Red Sox broke was not contained to the Bronx only. Sure, Yankee fans cannot be happy with the Red Sox acting very Yankee-like…
- 1 Zack Wheeler wants ‘to play for the Mets’ next season
- 2 Lots of talking, little happening for Cashman, Yankees
- 3 David Ortiz calls off ‘war’ with new teammate David Price
- 4 Betances says Price ‘adds more spice’ to Yanks-Bosox rivalry
- 5 Yankees’ Don Larsen pitches World Series perfect game in ’56
- 6 A $ 30 million team that’s better than David Price’s Red Sox
- 7 MLB to return to Cuba for first time in 16 years
- 8 Mets offer Tejada, Mejia and all 40 players contracts
- 9 Greg Holland non-tendered, but Royals plan to bring him back
- 10 Red Sox, David Price agree on 7-year, $ 217M deal
- 1 Lots of talking, little happening for Cashman, Yankees
- 2 David Ortiz calls off ‘war’ with new teammate David Price
- 3 MLB to return to Cuba for first time in 16 years
- 4 Harper: Mets can maximize Matt Harvey’s value with trade
- 5 CANO WHO? Yanks, Beltran agree to three-year, $ 45 million deal: source