Home / Gossips / LAPD is not investigating Corey Feldman’s claims of sexual abuse

LAPD is not investigating Corey Feldman’s claims of sexual abuse

The Los Angeles Police Department is no longer pursuing the case put forward by actor Corey Feldman, as the statute of limitations on the sex-related crime has expired.

“Unfortunately, according to California law, the alleged occurrence is out of statute and Robbery/Homicide detectives have no other avenues to pursue this case,” a spokesperson told the Daily News in a statement.

“The LAPD applauds Mr. Feldman for coming forward, as an out-of-statute assault report could potentially bolster any current and forthcoming case as it creates a pattern of behavior.”

Feldman, 46, reacted to the news on Twitter, and appeared to defend his plan to fund a movie he promises will reveal all.

Corey Feldman filed report with LAPD about ‘pedophilia ring’

“MAYBE NOW U WILL #BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I NEED 2 DO IT MY WAY,” he wrote.

Feldman — who has long maintained he and late friend Corey Haim suffered sexual abuse as child actors in the ’80s — said Monday he’d gone to the LAPD to give them “all the info” he knew about Hollywood’s “pedophilia ring” in a sit-down interview.

The “Stand By Me” actor has shied away from naming the predators he claims raped and sexually abused him and Haim out of fear for his safety as well as legal reasons, but he revealed last month that he plans to tell his entire story, names and all, in a fan-funded feature film based on his life.

During an appearance on “Dr. Oz” last week, Feldman identified two of his abusers for the first time.

Corey Feldman claims actor Jon Grissom molested him in ’80s

He claimed he was molested by his former assistant Jon Grissom, and abused by manager Marty Weiss.

Tags:
corey feldman
los angeles
california
sex crimes

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

Gossip Rss

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*