Billy Bush is officially out at NBC.
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, October 17, 2016, 7:25 PM
The first casualty of Donald Trump’s lewd “grab them by the p—y” video is official as Billy Bush has been taken off the “Today” show.
“Billy Bush will be leaving the ‘Today’ show’s 9 a.m. hour, effective today,” said Noah Oppenheim, NBC News senior vice president, said in a memo to staff. “While he was a new member of the ‘Today’ team, he was a valued colleague and longtime member of the broader NBC family. We wish him success as he goes forward.”
Bush was negotiating a settlement with the network as recently as Friday following an indefinite suspension for his crude 2005 banter with the then-“Apprentice” host.
His settlement was expected to be $ 9 million, an industry source familiar with the talks told the Daily News.
“I am deeply grateful for the conversations I’ve had with my daughters, and for all of the support from family, friends and colleagues,” Bush said in his own statement. “I look forward to what lies ahead.”
The then-“Access Hollywood” host was heard on the tape encouraging Trump, then asking actress Arianne Zucker to hug the real estate mogul just moments after he talked about being able to “do anything” to women.
Bush was initially put on an indefinite suspension for his role in a leaked Donald Trump video from 2005.
(The Washington Post)
L.A. litigator Marshall Grossman, who was hired by Bush in his negotiations with NBC, claimed that the TV anchor would have been fired if he had called Trump out for his crude comments.
“If Billy had been passive or responded ‘Shut the f–k up to Trump,’ Billy would have been out of a job the next day,” Grossman told The Hollywood Reporter.
Melania Trump said Monday that her husband was “egged on” by Bush “to say dirty and bad stuff,” she told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.